The rules are pretty simple... 10 tidbits about myself, then nominate 10 bloggers.
1. I am exactly 6 months away from being Mrs. Farmboy! I couldn't be more thrilled, and to celebrate the occasion we had our engagement pictures taken. I look forward to getting them in a couple weeks to share with y'all.
2. This is my fifth year teaching and I learn something new everyday I teach. I hope to be able to say that in another 15 years or so. I'd be so bored if I didn't learn anything and just worked to pay bills.
3. My favorite dessert is cherry chocolate cake. My mom makes it every year for my birthday. She also laughs about it being my favorite, because it is the world's easiest cake. She made it early for me this year, because I'll be with the future in-laws for the actual day.
4. This is the fourth time I will celebrate my birthday and Thanksgiving on the same day. 1987, 1992, 1998, and this year all have had Thanksgiving on the 26th. The next time this will happen is 2015.
5. Since my b-day is during Thanksgiving break, I've rarely had to work or go to school on my birthday. One of many reasons that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.
6. Using initials from both Farmboy and I we can make up a chunk of the alphabet in order. JKLM
7. I get giddy around the holidays. It's just so much fun to have a little extra time to spend with family or enjoy some down time. I also really hate the stores from now until January. Busy stores make me feel very uneasy!
8. I took a motive matters quiz last night and I'm a blue. That means I'm generally motivated by intimacy and love. Is that the least bit surprising to anyone?? Farmboy's white, which means he's motivated by peace. So true he does love keeping the peace.
9. This is my 120th post.
10. I really dislike cats, and I blame it on my childhood pet. When I was little I helped a neighbor while they were on vacation. When they got back their cat had kittens, so for pay I got first pick. I chose a little yellow stripey one that I called Tigger. Soon after Tigger grew past kitten stage, he turned into Tiger. Dad said we should change his name when we found out he was a boy. As he grew he definitely turned into more of a Tiger. I was the only one who liked this cat, and I was the only one who he hated! Tiger would run at me and tear around my legs then take off with no reason or provocation I could ever figure out. He just really enjoyed making me bleed. So now I try to avoid adult cats as much as possible. But I'm with Cee when she says she still finds kittens precious.
I nominate anyone who would like to share 10 tidbits about themselves with the bloggy world.