Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Monday, March 30, 2009
Sunday, March 29, 2009
We had to try it simultaneously, it was basically pimento cheese spread. I ordered white chicken chili. It was so tempting I forgot to take a picture til I'd had a few bites. Speaking of tempting, I didn't even get a shot of the peanut butter cup cheesecake we gobbled.
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Pioneer Woman is having a real time Q&A session! So exciting... is anyone else as obsessed with her? Is there anything she doesn't do? Head over there now if you want in on the fun.
It took me longer to make the move, oh who am I kidding?? FB had to hold my hand and coax me into jumping. The picture really doesn't do that distance justice.
I love this shot. Don't we look like a freaky two headed blob? Hehe we were looking down into a hole that we had just been in. I don't think I've done this much physical activity in quite some time. Moving home will definitely put me into much better shape!
Ahhh... Finally he let me sit down for a sec. I really do mean for just a sec. By the time I climbed up to where he was, he was done sitting and looking. He looks super duper tall, which he is, just not as tall as it looks here.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
We walked around to the back of the castle remains and saw this! Wouldn't you love to wake up to this view everyday! That's Lake of the Ozarks beauty there.
Tomorrow I'll post "Devil's Kitchen" pictures. I had to really rough it there, crazy hiking!
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Monday, March 23, 2009
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Monday, March 16, 2009
Then I rode with him on the tractor to feed the cows. I've got a couple bruises from bumping along, but I had fun watching him work.
Coming soon... pictures of the cows standing in line for the buffet, and possibly a Farm Boy post. I'm still working on that. Well, FB is headed over to pick me up so I can help him redo a walkway at his house. I haven't worked this much on a vacation since I went to Arizona on a mission trip.
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
I found this random survey and decided it'd be fun. There are a ton of questions, so I deleted the ones I thought were stupid. Therefore, please ignore the numbers! Mostly because I get really tired of trying to think of things to say. Partly because I don't really know what y'all want to know about me. With that being said here is my post, and if you have any questions you've been dying to ask, please comment me!
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
I'm kind of named after my aunt, our names are similar. My middle name is my mother's middle name.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
I can be kind of emotional sometimes, so crying is fairly common with me. Ask Farmboy, it really weirds him out, he never knows what to do. I teared up earlier today watching Jen and Ryan's wedding highlights. Congrats on a year guys!!
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
I like my regular handwriting, but I think my cursive looks a little like a fourth grader's. As a teacher, it's fairly precise, no changing to make it faster or flowerier. (is flowerier a word? no? oh well)
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Nope, but when(if) I have a daughter her middle name will be the same as mine.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
Yes, sometimes a little more than I should when second graders are concerned.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
nope, I'm too lazy.
14. RED OR PINK?
15. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
I tend to be an over-thinker/worrier.
17. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO COMPLETE THIS LIST?
I'd like for whoever feels like fillin in random surveys to feel free to fill it in.
18. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
I'm wearing long green sweat shorts and bare feet
19. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
the traffic and rain
20. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
21. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Farm boy's cologne, fresh cut grass, the outdoors after a hard rain
22. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
24. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
28. FAVORITE FOOD?
hmm... I like a lot of foods.... bread
29. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Happy, Farm boy is learning that scary's really not my thing
30. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Sean of the Dead, I think. Again Farm boy's learning gore is not my thing.
31. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Fall and spring
32. HUGS OR KISSES?
36. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
at work I've got those cute dogs w/ huge heads
37. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT?
Mondays are the good tv night! I had to tape House and watch Big Bang Theory and How I met your mother
39. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Out in the middle of the ocean on a cruise ship
Again, I say, please let me know if you've got anything interesting to ask. I'm always in need of new bloggy material. Speaking of which, I'm still trying to convince Farm boy to blog for me once while I'm with him next week. I think it'd be funny, so hit me up with comments for him as well.
Monday, March 9, 2009
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
My adorable bestie at Adventures in Newlywed gave me an award. Isn't she the sweetest? Kind of makes up for all the torture she's put me through over the years. She tried to make me workout once.... that wasn't pleasant...
Anyway, the award requires a post about 10 not so cute things about me. So here goes
I'm not cute when....
1. I lazily refuse to shower til noon on lazy days. OK let's be real, when I refuse til I hafta leave the house.
2. I cry, it usually involves wheezing, blubbering, and runny nose.
3. I complain, I can really be a big whiner.
4. I forget to pack my hairdryer and straightener. I recently had to purchase back ups, because I left them at home.
5. I get caught in the rain. My hair goes really curly and frizzed out.
6. I am sleep deprived. I've been told I can be a lil cranky.
7. I am forced to watch scary movies. I get pretty jumpy.
8. I'm really mad. It doesn't happen very often, but I definitely don't look pretty when I'm pissed.
9. I get muddy. I prefer to assume it's all mud and not cow patties, please don't burst my bubble.
10. I'm lazy. This happens a lot more than it should!
I must admit the reason my blog is so cute. Adventurous Newlywed designed my blog, she really is the best. I think I'll keep her around awhile.
OK Now the hard task of awarding other cute blogs....
Amy at From this Day Forward ... I absolutely love their header!
Cathryn at Life Happens.... My sweet friend who always has something inspiring to write about.
Preppy 101 at All Things Southern and Preppy ... She's super cute! Love the pink and green