Monday, March 16, 2009

Riding around with Farm Boy

I "helped" FB do chores for his brother, who was out of town for the weekend.  I got to see a lot of things that FB's talked about, but I didn't really have any idea what he was talking about til now.
First I rode with him to sell a bail of hay.  These horses were more excited about the junk on the hood of FB's brother's truck than the fresh hay.

Then I rode with him on the tractor to feed the cows.  I've got a couple bruises from bumping along, but I had fun watching him work.
Last I rode along in the chuck wagon to give the calves their feed.  FB actually let me drive this thing :) Probably cuz there's not much possibility of me messing it up.  

Coming soon... pictures of the cows standing in line for the buffet, and possibly a Farm Boy post.  I'm still working on that.  Well, FB is headed over to pick me up so I can help him redo a walkway at his house.  I haven't worked this much on a vacation since I went to Arizona on a mission trip.

No comments: