Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Gardening Skills

As you can probably guess, I don't have any!  Now I know what to do with the lil forky thing and the mini shovel, but keeping things alive is just not my strong suit.  Luckily this is Farm Boy's garden not mine.  He's made his plant decisions, so I thought I'd share them with you.  I will be enjoying sweet corn, carrots, leaf lettuce, squash, cantaloupe, and watermelon.  I've never eaten squash,  but I hear its a healthy alternative.  Not sure what the unhealthy alternative is exactly, but that's what I've been told.  I'm sure I'll be asking for squash ideas, but I think I'll wait til I can actually pick one before that.  He also mentioned a pawpaw, but I think that's landscaping talk not garden talk.  I've gotta find my pink gardening gloves, and all the other stuff to start packing!  I made it through Tuesday, hopefully can make it through Wednesday too.  I found out we get to leave 2 hours earlier than usual, so that should give me the push I need :)

No comments: