Cee at Curiosity posted this survey, so I stole it!
1.Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping for the family, bags for coworkers and that sort of thing
2. Real tree or Artificial?
Artificial tree! I can't handle the needles and the sneezing! Actually to be technical I have no tree, it's up at FB's house.
3. When do you put up the tree?
We put up our tree at FB's the day after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down?
I usually take mine down right after New Year's day. FB informed me that it won't come down until middle of January after the story of Magi Sunday.
5. Do you like eggnog?
I like a half of a glass once a year, that is usually just enough.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
One year Dad built a fort with swing and slide and rope ladder and cool stuff like that. He had built it at a neighbor's house and somehow got it into the backyard in the middle of the night. So we could see it when we first woke up. Of course at the time, I thought Santa brought it.
7. Hardest person to buy for?
Farmboy, because I want it to be the perfect gift.
8. Easiest person to buy for?
My mom, she usually tells me about ten things she'd like.
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
My mom has collected the Willowtree Nativity. It's so pretty! FB and I talked about the need to get one for his house/my future place.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
This is the first year I've done cards for lots of people, and I'm mailing them. They're also save the date cards, two birds one stone... that's my style :)
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I honestly can't think of any really horrible gifts. We've done white elephant gifts from time to time, and those are intentionally bad.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is by far the most hilarious ever!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
My routine changes from year to year. This year I've done quite a bit online, so I'm almost done. I'll finish when I get back from my mini-vacay. The day before Christmas Eve.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Yes, I do that some with coworkers and acquaintances that think we should exchange presents when we really don't need to. Do yall have those people? I just don't get exchanging presents with all of the people I know, I would rather simplify and spend more on those that truly impact my life.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
16. Lights on the tree?
We have a white prelit tree.
17. Favorite Christmas song?
Carol of the Bells
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
I like staying around home, but sometimes we go to Kansas City to see extended family.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
I think so, it may take a little while for me to remember all of them.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Growing up we've had both throughout the years, but this year it's a multicolored lit star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
We usually get to open one present after Christmas Eve service, so technically they're all opened on Christmas day.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
long lines and traffic and people who are rude
23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color?
My ornaments are all blue and silver and glittery. I also really like looking at all the ones from when my brother and I were babies.
24. Favorite for Christmas Dinner?
We do Christmas breakfast. It's different from year to year.
25. What do you want to do for Christmas this year?
I'm excited to spend most of the day with my family on Christmas, then most of New Year's with FB's family.
26. Favorite Christmas tradition growing up?
Christmas Eve service at 11:00. It's candlelit, so by the end of Silent Night the whole room is lit with candles. Everyone has a candle to hold up high for the last verse. Then after the service you leave and it's Christmas and you can be the first to wish each other Merry Christmas.
27. Favorite tradition now?
Going to everyone's house for Christmas to celebrate and see people you haven't seen in a while.