Sunday, October 4, 2009

Big Excitement at the Pumpkin Patch

So we started out our Sunday fairly ordinarily. FB and I went to church with his sister and mother. We came back to the farm and worked on getting ready to open the pumpkin patch for the afternoon. My parents had planned to come out for pumpkins, then for lunch. FB had bigger plans. When my parents arrived we hung out checked out the attractions, even went through a corn maze. Then FB called me out to help him pick some pumpkins. We all went out to the actual pumpkin patch area, where he was out in the middle. He told me to come get this pumpkin, which sounded pretty normal to me. Then when he hands it to me he turns it around. It said, "Kara, will you marry me?" I screamed then tackled him.

He really is in there somewhere, see the maroon hat?? He had put the ring on the stem, but I totally missed that. I was too excited about the whole will you marry me thing. :)
We both wore these goofy grins for the rest of the day. After we all calmed down a little, my parents picked the pumpkins they'd come out for. We also had an amazing lunch from FB's mom.
Didn't he do a great job on the ring?? I spent the afternoon calling people in between families coming to the pumpkin patch. Can't wait to tell everyone at work tomorrow! I will def. be in need of opinions on numerous wedding ideas for the next few months, so stay tuned. :)




8 comments:

Amy Lynn said...

Ahhhhh! That is SO frickin' cute!!!

Congratulations!!!!

courtney said...

That is so exciting! Congrats!!!!


Your ring is beautiful...very different in a good way :)

Ashley Paige said...

Aww! What a fab proposal! So stinking cute!! Congratulations!!!

Jen said...

CONGRATULATIONS GIRL!!!!

Black Labs and Lilly said...

Congrats!!!!! What an adorable proposal story!!! Can't wait to hear about all the wedding planning!!

Melissa said...

New reader!

What an adorable proposal and beautiful ring! Congrats!

Glamorous Newlywed said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the ring!!!!!!
(and I love you too :) Congrats honey!

Rob and Amy said...

Precious!!!! Congratulations!!!