Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring has sprung on the farm

FB's niece got a free bottle calf to show at the fair this summer.  She named it Hearty, because there's a heart on his head.  OK give her a break, she is five.  I'm not sure I'd be much more creative than that now. :)  Isn't he just so little and sweet!  I also got to witness my first ever birthing experience.  I was lucky enough to be at the head end of the heifer.  Thankfully I got to witness it without actually having to witness it. If ya know what I mean.  Anyway I won't go into detail, just to say it was an interesting new experience.  Now momma and baby are doing great, along with two other new additions that came after we left for the day.

Glad the weather is finally starting to look a little brighter.  I'm housesitting/dog-sitting this week for a friend at work, she's on her honeymoon.  Hopefully all goes well with that, the dog is seizure prone.  I'm really really hoping he doesn't seize this week!  Anyway, I write all that to say I will probably be out of bloggy world until Easter.  Have a great week!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

That little calf is too cute and I love the heart on its head! I hope the dog doesn't seize on you, that's scary! Have a great week and Easter!

bride4life said...

I have seen the tail end of a cow giving birth several times.....a couple of times the calf came butt first and we had to tie a rope around and assist in pulling it out.

courtney said...

aww what a cute calf!

Simply Me said...

new follower :)