Thursday, March 31, 2011

Weekend Wrap up, and a few other odds and ends

Friday:  Farmboy had the week off anyway, so I took the day off to drive to Bison, Oklahoma.  That's close to Enid, for anyone who knows anything about Oklahoma.  It was a five hour drive.  Before we left we dropped the pup off with my best friend for the weekend and stopped at Walmart for snacks.  We spent the afternoon helping set up the reception and wedding sites.  That evening FB's sister (the bride) had asked us to pick up food for the rehearsal.  We show up at the Western Sizzlin' thinking it will be a couple boxes.  It wasn't!  There was enough food to feed a small nation!  We had to call FB's brother, who had his truck, for help.  They had 5 plastic tubs of food, and about that many boxes of rolls and paper goods.  We finally got everything there and helped set it up, and the evening went fine.  Since it was a Friday during Lent they served catfish, baked potatoes, hush puppies, salad, and rolls.  I did not eat catfish! bleck  I did enjoy the potato and roll, plus a little cole slaw. 

Saturday:  We stayed in a nice hotel with free hot breakfast.  After that we went back up to the room to shower and get ready for the day.  We did a little shopping and met my parents when they got to town for lunch.  We ate at Chili's, which I really LOVED since we don't have one close to us.  I met the cake lady to have a very important cake cutting lesson, then we went to the church for pictures.  The wedding was beautiful, and LOOOOONG.  I married a Catholic boy, but this was the first full blown Catholic wedding mass for me.  It was interesting, and again beautiful.  The reception was fun too.  They had more come than they'd expected, so they pulled chairs out of the back room for extra seating.  We had briscuit, scalloped potatoes, and a chocolate fountain!  There was also wedding cake... which I expertly cut.  I didn't knock the whole thing over or anything. :)

Sunday:  We had breakfast with the family, then drove home.  At the Kansas/Oklahoma state line, they have these silhouettes.  For some reason it really cracked me up.  We spent FOREVER in the car!  Which I believe is why I was so sore and tired Monday.  But after spending the day in bed I felt better Tuesday.  After we dropped FB's mom off at her house we had to drive 45 more minutes to pick up the pup.  She apparently missed us.  This was her moping on the car ride home.
It was fun, but I'm glad to be home!  We haven't had internet for the past couple days, which is why I'm just now posting.  And there may be big changes at work for me.  I'm not excited, but I guess I should just be thankful to be employed.  I try really hard to keep reminding myself about that!  More to come when I actually know what's for sure.


Jessica Renee said...

Aww your doggy looks so sad. Poor baby missed her parents! lol.

Hope you've gotten to relax since your busy weekend!

Preppy 101 said...

Glad you had a good weekend!! Take care of yourself sweetie!! xoxo