Monday, May 4, 2009

Busy Weekend Wrap Up

Saturday Farmboy and I spent the day together, trying to get lots accomplished.  We stopped by his mother's house, searched endlessly for an apartment or house for me, shopped for gifts, and celebrated a birthday.  It was busy, like Friday, but really nice to spend the whole day together.  We looked far and wide for an apartment, but to no avail.  They either refused to accept Holly, which I just can't believe!  I mean really have you met my dog??  OK, just kidding I understand that rule just don't like it.  There were a couple people who told me they didn't know what would become available by June, umm... people, that's less than a month away!  I think we have a good place, but I didn't get to see the inside.  

We also stopped by Academy to shop around, and get FB's nephew a fishing rod for his b-day.  Of course a trip to Target was my pick for b-day shopping.  I picked out a 10 game set with all sorts of fun games in a case for FB's nephew.  My mom, my sister-in-law, and my dear friend from high school all got beach towels for the upcoming swim season.  Mom was for mother's day, the other 2 were birthdays.  FB treated me to a lunch break before we hit the apartment hunt again! ugh!  We did stop in time to go back to Farmboy's to watch the Kentucky Derby, then we were off again to FB's brother's house.  FB's lovely sister-in-law made a great dinner, his nephew opened presents, we chatted about the farm and future plans, and played Chinese checkers out of his new game set.  

Sunday was nice to visit with my parents.  My mom cooked breakfast, which was really yummy!  My dad took me to the airport, which is almost 2 hours away.  It's so nice of him to take care of me like that, and of mom by letting her stay behind and prepare for the workweek.  I got back to the city just in time to pick up Holly, then I went home and crashed on the couch.  

4 more weeks of school and then it's back home.  There's a few exciting weekend plans in between, so I'm looking forward to all of that.  Have a good night everyone.

No comments: