Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Talking Tuesday

Alright Girls, and at least one guy,
    I come to you exhausted by my class!  I realize I'm not a parent yet, so part of this is just speculation.  However, if my child had to call me during the day because he/she was being disruptive I would not be happy!  There would definitely be major consequences.  So, parents, future parents, people who never plan on having kids because they may turn out like a crazy disobedient mess- what would you do if you had to meet with both teacher and principal about your child's behavior??  And a more general question for our talking tuesdays, what do you think of our country's overall child behavioral state?

Thanks for playing along with my Talking Tuesdays, I promise they won't usually be so serious.

5 comments:

Farmboy said...

I would make the meeting and find out all what happened. I would then take the child home and make sure they are so busy that they won't have time to think about doing anything like that again. I would also have them write a letter to the teacher and principal saying how sorry they are that they wasted their time by acting inappropriate. They will not get out of trouble until the teacher told me there was a change in behavior. Parents need to be PARENTS not friends!!

Adventures in Newlywed said...

Um, kids freak me out. So I'm pretty much not going to be very helpful on this question. Sorry dude.

Black Labs and Lilly said...

I like Farmboy's suggestion about having the child write a letter to the teacher and principal. I don't have any children, but think that a child's behavoir is a direct result of parenting, so if something like this were to happen I would probably take a good look in the mirror and figure out what kind of an example I am setting!

Unknown said...

I knew I loved him for a reason... well there's one of many!

Holly said...

Let me just say that if a teacher has to call me for my kids behavior, he will see a side of me that will come from the depths from hell!!! :)

That being said...I think the fact that I am a teacher and I have to call parents and MOST OF THE TIME the parents give NO consequences for their actions has something to do with it.